Become a Certified Sewing Machine Operator in only 8 weeks! Explore the growing opportunities for employment in the sewn product industry today!
This workforce training sets you up to obtain full time employment in the sewn product industry. Certified Industrial Sewers who are going through this program have been getting multiple job offers. From cottage industries to 3rd generation-owned furniture producers, sewers are in high demand!
According to www.detroitgarmentgroup.jobsboard, 300 jobs are available for skilled industrial sewers in Michigan.
Average Starting wages are $12 with full time benefits and can go up to $20 per hour, usually working part time.
Students in this program will be trained in the following skills:
- Sewing Machines and Overlocks
- Introduction of Sewing Process for Production
- Safety & Ergonomics for Sewing
- Basic Sewing Techniques for Use in Manufacturing
- Sewing Math & Measuring
- Sewing Equipment & Operation (Industry Rotations)
Scholarships in the amount of $ 400 are available!
For more information, contact Elleena at email@example.com.
Participants should have a National Career Readiness Certificate of Bronze or higher for optimal success in this program.
- If you graduated from a Michigan high school within the last 3 years, you completed WorkKeys tests that make up the National Career Readiness Certificate. Previous scores within the 3 year window may be submitted to meet this pre-requisite. Contact your high school to retrieve your scores, or call ACT WorkKeys at 1-800-967-5539.
If you have not completed the National Career Readiness Certificate assessment, Click here to register for the National Career Readiness Certificate