Small companies generally have a complex environment driven by relatively small orders of a large variety of different parts from many customers. Changes in customer demand seem to happen frequently making it difficult to smooth production. The purpose of this workshop is to show how to apply the various lean tools and techniques to the world of varying cycle times, a large mix of products, small orders and changing customer demand.
- Determine the pacemaker operation and the use of takt time
- Determine if the equipment can support takt time and decide on the interval
- Describe use of operator balance charts and balance flow through the pacemaker for mix
- Level production by using pitch and dealing with changing customer demand
- Describe how to schedule the mix of products effectively (calculations involved)
- Basic understanding of value stream mapping and awareness of lean terms & methods