Participants will explore the value of integrating the tools of Lean Manufacturing with the tools and strategy of Six Sigma, by tracing the influence of the Toyota Production System in the development of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma. Core methodologies of each application will be compared using tools, their outcomes, and when best applied to achieve success.
- State a Traditional view of the Six Sigma Process Improvement Methodology
- State a Traditional view of the Lean Manufacturing Process Improvement Methodology
- Identify the Strategic differences and similarities between Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing principles
- Locate by reference, the quality tools frequently associated with Six Sigma and the quality tools frequently associated with Lean Manufacturing
- Explain the value of integrating the tools of Lean Manufacturing with the tools and strategy of Six Sigma