The America's Promise Grant reduces the cost of this training for job seekers who plan to seek employment upon the completion of the program.
If you are not planning to seek employment upon the completion of this program, you are not eligible to receive the reduced rate. Please select the option that applies to you:
Enrollment Option 1: I plan to seek employment as a CNA upon the completion of this program
Enrollment Option 2: I am taking this program for reasons other
than seeking employment as a CNA (ie: clinical hours, personal interest, professional development, etc.)
Would you like to enroll in GRCC's Certified Nurse Assistant Program?
- You must be able to work in the United States.
- You must be at least 18 years old to enroll in this program.
- Clinical sites are within a 200 mile radius of GRCC’s main campus. Students may be placed at any clinical site, regardless of distance. Students are responsible for their own transportation and any cost associated with it. Clinicals may occur 1-4 times per a week. While most rotations occur weekdays between 7am-7pm, weekend and night assignments are possible.
Here's the process:
Complete and submit the following documentation:
Completed paperwork may be submitted by mail, in person, by fax or email.
- ACT WorkKeys: Applied Math, Graphic Literacy and Workplace Documents assessments each with a Level 3 score or higher.
- Computer Competency Badges.
- GRCC Immunization Form, including supporting documentation from a healthcare source physician office, health department, etc.
GRCC Tassell MTEC
Attn: Career Coach
622 Godfrey SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
*Email is not considered secure for healthcare information transmission.
If you need assistance or have questions about any of the required information, please contact the Career Coach at GRCC's Tassell MTEC at 616-234-3800.
After you have submitted all required paperwork & enrolled you will receive your confirmation for the Mandatory Orientation held prior to the start of class from the Career Coach.
Our CNA Program provides students with learning opportunities that enable them to attain licensure as a Certified Nurse Aide and empowers them to succeed in a changing healthcare environment.
GRCCs CNA Program prepares individuals to take the corresponding CNA exam in the state of Michigan upon program completion. Graduates who wish to pursue employment as a nurse aide in other states should review the licensure requirements for each state through the state's department of licensing.