Policy Deployment is a Planning and Leadership system that focuses and aligns the organization to achieving breakthroughs for customers.
We look at six primary elements of Policy Deployment:
- Focus on breakthrough goals vital to the organization's success
- Commitment to customers
- Communicate to all so everyone understands their contribution
- Collective wisdom to develop the plan.
- Make Policy Deployment clear and easy.
- Ongoing evaluation of progress
The emphasis is on responsibility/accountability associated with both results and the processes use to achieve results. Metrics/scoreboards and Daily Management are utilized. Participants will learn the process of defining, measuring, analyzing, display and developing appropriate action plans for the key measures for tracking lean progress.
- Align plans, goals and metrics at all levels of the organization
- Track metrics progress and drive improvement
- Use the Shingo Prize Model and Criteria to develop a leadership plan to implement Lean.
- Identify and improve critical success factors for human/ leader behaviors during a lean transformation.
- Answer the key organizational questions of; Why do we need to change? (Competitive reality) What do we change to? (Vision) How do we change together? (Process or Policy Deployment)
- Identify and improve critical success factors for human/ leader behaviors during a lean transformation
- Create and use key performance indicators & scoreboards to analyze, monitor & motivate workgroups and/ or organizations
- Identify, document, develop and implement appropriate strategies to eliminate or reduce potential barriers & roadblocks of a lean transformation
- Establish key metrics and data collection plans that satisfy Shingo Prize Criteria, and to track the progress of a lean transformation
- Establish and use scoreboards to analyze, monitor & drive improvement