Your experience and participation in this course will lead to a better understanding of how to safely operate a motorcycle. You will learn the physical and mental skills necessary for success through classroom and range exercises. Successful completion results in a certification of completion card to be taken to the Secretary of State for endorsement. Classroom location – Leslie E Tassell Mtec; Range location – Foremost Insurance Headquarters
Motorcycle Safety Cancellation Policy
Who should take this course?
This class is for beginners that have never been on a motorcycle, as well as those that need to develop better basic skills and riders that want to refresh what they already know. Basic level skills are taught, however, many experienced riders take the class as a "tune-up" or "refresher" course.
Prior to attending class you will need to complete a Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) Basic eCourse. The MSF Basic eCourse focuses on the basic concepts of motorcycling. The MSF Basic eCourse will take approximately 3 hours to complete. An eCourse Code will be emailed to you 30 days prior to class.
Required to attend classroom
- Yourself, on time. Please arrive to class 15 minutes early. You will not be allowed inside the classroom if you are late.
- Your Drivers License or Drivers Certificate
- Parental Waiver signed and notarized (only if you are under 18)
- Pen or Pencil
- Highlighter (any color)
Required to attend range
- Helmet (properly fitted, DOT or SNELL Rating)
- Eye protection (if you do not have a face shield)
- Full fingered gloves
- Long sleeved shirt/jacket
- Long, sturdy pants
- Boots that cover the ankle (no tennis shoes)
- Bottle of water
- Rain gear (if necessary)
- Change of clothing if it is hot or wet. Hat to protect you from the sun when not riding (optional)
Please click here to read our Frequently Asked Questions page for questions.SCROLL DOWN FOR THE MOST RECENT COURSE RELEASES