Systematic Molding is an introduction course for anyone who wants to develop a systematic approach to molding at their facility FROM THE PLASTIC'S POINT OF VIEW (as opposed to the traditional Machine's point of view). Students leave this course with a better understanding of how to develop a machine independent process, how to make data driven improvements to existing processes, as well as how to effectively trouble-shooting using scientific and systematic approaches. Students will also understand the cause and effect relationships between the machine, process, mold and materials as well as how any why polymer behavior is influenced. This will allow them to make informed decisions for lasting solutions instead of 'band-aid' fixes to the process.
- Mold and Part Design Considerations
- The Four Plastic Variables of Injection Molding
- The Molding System
- the Molding Problem, Simply Stated
- Process Control from the Plastics Point of View
- Introduction to Instrumentation Strategies
- Introduction to Cavity Pressure Control