Range location – Ferris State University, 220 Sports Dr, Big Rapids, MI 49307
Your experience and participation in this course will lead to a better understanding of how to safely operate a motorcycle. You will learn the physical and mental skills necessary for success through classroom and range exercises.
Once you have successfully completed the course your results will be reported to the Secretary of State. You should receive your certificate of completion via email with instructions to either go online or visit a Secretary of State branch office to obtain your CY endorsement.
Motorcycle Safety Cancellation Policy
Who should take this course?
This class is for beginners that have never been on a motorcycle, as well as those that need to develop better basic skills and riders that want to refresh what they already know. Basic level skills are taught, however, many experienced riders take the class as a "tune-up" or "refresher" course.
Prior to attending class you will need to complete an online Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) Basic eCourse. The online MSF Basic eCourse focuses on the basic concepts of motorcycling. The online MSF Basic eCourse will take approximately 3 hours to complete. An eCourse Code will be in your confirmation letter when you complete your registration.
Required to attend:
- Arrive to class 15 minutes early. You will not be allowed to participate if you are late.
- eCourse Certificate of Completion
- Your Drivers License or Drivers Certificate
- Parental Waiver signed and notarized (only if you are under 18)
- Pen or Pencil and highlighter (any color)
- Bottle of water
Required: Protective Gear
- Helmet (properly fitted, DOT or SNELL Rating)
- Eye protection (if you do not have a face shield)
- Full fingered gloves
- Long sleeved shirt/jacket
- Long, sturdy pants
- Boots that cover the ankle (no tennis shoes)
- Rain gear (if necessary)
- Change of clothing if it is hot or wet. Hat to protect you from the sun when not riding (optional)
Please click here to read our Frequently Asked Questions page for questions.
Be sure to enter your information correctly, as it will be reported to the Secretary of State. Secretary of State will be emailing you at the email address you provide. Incorrect information will result in a delay of your CY endorsement.