Developing a culture of Trust within your ogranization is important to establishing a productive work environment. According to Feltman, Trust is defined as "Choosing to risk making something you value vulnerable to another person's actions." This course focuses on teaching four pillars of trust that should be cultivated and understood to support trust in the workplace.
Topics will include:
- Evaluate the concepts of building trust with your team.
- Learn the four foundational domains of Trust, Sincerity, Reliability, Competence, and Care.
- Identify ways to maintain trust in each of these domains.
- Plan for and communicate issues involving distrust.
- Recall the steps to repair distrust if you are the cause of it.
- Evaluate your trust building behaviors and create an action plan to develop trust with your team.
Upon completion of the workshop, the participants will be able to:
- Identify factors that build and establish trust
- Learn how to maintain trust in each of those areas
- Manage and repair distrust in the workplace
- Develop an action plan to apply the trust concepts back on the job.
*Please be prepared to join this interactive course with both video and audio.*
- Participant Guide
- The Book of Trust, Charles Feltman (provided as a pre-read)