Energy Industry Fundamentals (EIF) is a foundational course to help individuals understand the energy industry and is one of four required modules for the Pre-LineWorker Training Program.
In the program students will learn:
- Basic and emerging principles and concepts that impact the energy industry
- Compliance procedures necessary to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Principles of electric power generation
- Fundamentals of electric power and natural gas transmission
- Standards of electric and natural gas distribution
- Entry requirements for careers in energy
EIF Program participants navigate energy generation, transmission, and distribution infrastructure; learn about types of energy and their conversion to useable energy; explore emerging technologies; conduct case studies on business models; overview regulations and make connections to energy careers. After successful completion of this class individuals will have the opportunity to take the EIF national credential exam sponsored by the Center for Energy Workforce Development.
Classes will be offered in person at the GRCC MTEC. Individuals should expect to do approximately 2 hours a week of work outside of this class.