The manufacturing environment includes terminology and practices common throughout most in the industry. This workshop starts with an overview of primary manufacturing processes and common materials. We then familiarize new manufacturing employees with primary issues, metrics, communication methods, and quality management system procedures common to manufacturers.
- Examine primary manufacturing processes in metal, plastic and wood
- Identify common manufacturing metrics
- Understand routing documents
- Identify common production graphs
- Review manufacturing terminology