Career Coach Training
Career Coaching Training at Grand Rapids Community College focuses on a framework of career decision making principles using a combination of tools from the ACT WorkKeys toolkit. WorkKeys® is a job skills assessment system that helps employers select, hire, train, develop, and retain a high-performance workforce. Students completing this course will understand:
• Relationship to Career Development/distinction between awareness of careers and a decision on careers/job, understanding a pathway/career ladder
• History of WM, State Role, National Role: Outcomes of each step, understanding of what self directed models produce
• Theory and history of career development. Structural and developmental models/ what is the outcome for your program?
• The language of WorkKeys®/NCRC. Personal skills, using talents and interests to drive decision making.
• Key behaviors expected by employers, how do you measure them/observe to standard process, show improvement over time.
• Interests and Values, and the correlation to ONET.
• Forms and Structure/Outcomes
• Attaching numbers to the coaching model. What really determines success, project planning for integration of the model in existing practices
• Review metrics exercise/complete binders/connect the dots, clarify,
Successfully completing students will prepare a final portfolio by completing a Talent Assessment, Fit Assessment, a National Career Readiness Certificate, and an Education and Work Plan.
This course is not currently scheduled. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
for information about the next offering or if you are a business looking for customized training.