Continuous flow will equip you with skills to achieve and maintain efficient, continuous flow of material and/ or information. The workshop concentrates on operator-based cells, as this is the most wide spread type of processing. To achieve optimum success it is important to be able to design and manage simple, inexpensive, flexible, and reliable operator-based processes. Participants will use methods and techniques based on practices used in a variety of industries; with application nearly anywhere continuous flow is desired.
- Measure flow of a current value stream
- Identify hurdles to making flow continuous and how to manage those hurdles
- Simplify the manufacturing operation into product or process flows
- Organize manufacturing operations so that one-day resembles the next
- Establish flow or cycle times that are consistent with the total man hours